Our uniform shop is operated by our P&C. We keep prices as low cost as we can for the benefit of our families and our small amount of profit from this service goes back to our school.
Wearing a uniform helps to instil a sense of community and belonging and creates an environment where all children are equal and no one can be singled out. It reduces distractions and decision making so children can focus on what’s important: learning.
The uniform shop is located behind the mall and is open Monday and Friday from 8am to 9am. We are also open at other times, as advertised.
We stock all parts of the school uniform in sizes 4 to 24 in the polos, size 2–18 in the shorts and skorts with the exception of shoes and socks. We also stock other items such as school bags, chair bags, hair ties and swimming caps.
We have new uniforms available as well as second-hand uniforms.
Rebel Sport (closest stores are at Mitchelton and Everton Park) provide school shoes and every purchase helps our school buy sports equipment. At the counter, simply ask them to credit your purchase to the Ferny Hills State School Giveback Program.
School uniform requirements
The P&C is responsible for the student dress code. The following items are required:
- Bottom (summer): Bottle green shorts or skorts mid-thigh or knee length
- Bottom (winter): Bottle green pants (including track pants), leggings or tights under short/skort
- School polo or dress shirt
- Sport polo - can be worn anytime except excursions, photo day and external sport (years 4 to 6)
Dress: School dress
Shoes and socks: All black shoes (no white), with bottle green or white ankle length socks
- Prep: Royal blue broadbrimmed hat for prep students (for easy identification)
- Years 1- 6: Bottle green broadbrimmed hat, reversible bottle gree/house colour hat, bottle green headbands and hairbands
Jewellery: Plain silver/gold studs or small hoops, watch
Music: Music polo shirt with black pants (to be worn for performances).
Uniforms can be ordered online and orders will be delivered to your child's classroom or left at the office or uniform shop for collection at your next available opportunity.
You can also visit the shop during opening hours to choose uniforms and pay using eftpos (sorry, no cash). Visiting the shop is also the only way to access second hand items.