Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

School grounds and classrooms

Ferny Hills State School opened in 1970. The school was the last built in the 'two story' classroom blocks. Over the years, classrooms have been upgraded and enhanced.

Through the funds of many parents, the school embarked on an ambitious project to build a school hall. The 32m x 16m hall was officially opened on the 20 June 1981. This magnificent space has been well-utilised and is a space suitable for gymnastics, musical events, basketball and volleyball.

The hall is hired out to local groups and is also home to the Gymnastics Ferny Hills Club.



Outdoor educational facilities include a sports field used for rugby, soccer and athletic events. A terraced seating area overlooks the field.

Two floodlit, multipurpose courts, used for tennis and netball, are available for the students and also hired out to the community.



A purpose built resource centre featuring a science area, was completed in 2011. This spacious facility hosts dividable spaces and wireless technology for portable devices.

The school once boasted a population of 1081 students in the developing years of the local area. The school now has just under 500 enrolments with spacious classrooms, all now outfitted with wireless technology and Interactive Whiteboards. The size of the rooms allows greater flexibility in the way teachers use the space.

The school has access to local venues, including the nearby council pool and George Willmore Park.

Car parking provided by the council is located off Ferny Way and Illuta Avenue is serviced by a crossing supervisor and a pick up area for students.

The grounds feature plenty of grass areas, play equipment, water tanks and solar collection panels.

Our school has a very inviting learning environment.